Monday 10 January 2011

#2 The Numbers Skirt

A bit of catching up to do – both #2 and #3 were completed back in September.

numbers wide
The fabric came first in this case. I loved from the second I saw it, and made a special trip to Croydon (the horror!) just to buy it. Good old Ikea – it amuses me greatly that to a dressmaker, they even sell self-assembly clothing!

Because I loved the print so much, I just wanted to do something very simple to best show it off. In hindsight, I used the wrong pattern – too many panels get in the way, but that’s part of the learning process.

Numbers cu

The pattern I used came from the skirt of this dress, shortened.

It’s a very simple skirt, but it always makes me happy when I wear it. I see it as a good starting point to things I want to be doing in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment